Thursday, August 5, 2010

I'm here... ke nako

29 July 2010

When Sandy started the lecture, it felt surreal - I felt like I was starting the course all over again- while  everybody  seemed to follow well, I felt that I had missed out . I came to this class with a "blank" slate.  As the lesson progressed , I realised how little I've learnt in the last few years. I have not kept abreast with technological developments! In fact I seldom even use e-mail as a means of communication but I receive many. 

Learning about WEB 2.0 was "insightful"  and I think I'm slowly becoming a part of the group .
I feel I must apply the things I'm learning in class - the nature of these lectures are, I think ,such, that you   always feel strongly motivated & responsible to go back and apply  what you have learnt. I also felt that there were things that needed to change in the school library; that I  was'nt doing enough. 

At the end of the lesson everybody was abuzz when they started their blogs. I attempted with the help of Shahida ,  but thought it would be better if I did this over the weekend.

I'm thinking of going to the Bookfair,  about the projects I have to help the grade 9's and 12's with. The library that has only one monitor, books that ......
I think my mind is too much on my Afrikaans Oral exams which learners are reluctant to complete before the 14th of August. Teaching grade 12's and 8's Afrikaans makes running the library also very challenging .

But there's always a light at the end of the tunnel.  I'm excited about the FREE TOP 20  websites. I will share them with my colleagues & definitely access some.

I realise I have much to learn , but I'm looking forward to it and I'm confident that I will be able to
" master" blogging (even before I hand in my assignment ?!?) ,if only I can find ms. T I M E.

Your fellow blogger
Nadeema.

7 comments:

  1. Nadeema, your blog looks good and you have managed the hyperlinks well.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nadeema, reading your comment made me realise that I was not the only one that felt that the process was too advanced at that time. However, with the patience and assistance from our classmates things are quite different now.But I still seem to feel more misses than hits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Nadeema
    Welcome to the world of technology.I already commented on Michaels blog that it is a pity that we didn't do this course earlier in our lives. Just think of all the advantages we missed. I guess we have to blame ourselves. It is not too late though. Keep it up Deemigirl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nadeema you doing very well .Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eid Mubarak to you and your family.Can you believe it is the end of Ramadaan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eid Mubarak to you and your family. May you be blessed with health and wealth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Fellow bloggers

    Thank you all for all the positive comments .I appreciate it.

    Love
    Nadeema

    ReplyDelete